Social Anthropology at Panteion University
- Classes of Social Anthropology have been taught at Panteion University since the 1970’s.
- In 1985 Social Anthropology and Social Morphology is established as a separate division within the Department of Sociology.
- In 1989 Panteion University inaugurates a Department of Social Anthropology, Geography and Political Science in which Social Anthropology is a division in itself.
- In 1991 Social Anthropology becomes one of two main sectors within the Department of Social Anthropology and Social Policy.
- In 2001 the Department’s first post-graduate program is launched named “Social Change: Dimensions of Social Policy and Social Anthropology”, offering both directions of study.
- Two years later, in 2003, Social Anthropology becomes a separate department in Panteion University.
- In 2006, the post-graduate program “Social and Cultural Anthropology” is launched within the Department of Social Anthropology.