Research: Anthropology as profession
- Explores the professional opportunities that the Department’s graduates have in employment and works on linking the Department’s studies with the job market.
- Cooperates closely with its counterpart association of the Department of History, Archeology and Social Anthropology, University of Thessaly as well as with individual graduates (due to lack of a counterpart association) of the Department of Social Anthropology and History, University of the Aegean, in order to coordinate actions of shared interest.
In the near future, S.A.A.S.P.U. is planning to:
- Organize events in order to inform the Department’s students about potential sectors and opportunities to work as Anthropologists.
- Print a pamphlet and organize member visits in working places, institutions and schools aiming to communicate Social Anthropology to employers and students.
- Translate articles and essays and, furthermore, organize a conference on practicing anthropology.